Monday, June 22, 2009

July Hot Buys!


Hey guys! Stardoll has released the July Hot Buys, so that means it's time to find out... are they hot or not?

Tiger bodysuit: ok, seriously, my first reaction was to laugh! It's a ridiculous throwback to the 1980's and while retro is in... there's some things that should just never come back. The only thing saving this piece is the gold base color... such a hot summer color! 4/10

Pink hotpants: the thing with hotpants is, either you love 'em or you hate 'em. I'm not a fan, so I'm warning you right now, there's a bit of a bias here. The hot pink is a great color and if you like hotpants, I'm sure you'll like these. I know I won't be buying them, but I do love that color.... 6/10

Striped dress: so cute! I love it! I will so be buying this when it comes out. 10/10

Gold sandals: hmmm, I'll have to see this one on my medoll.... In the pic, it's hot. It's also a close up shot. So I'm not sure how it will translate to being on my doll. I guess I'll withhold final judgment until it's released. 8/10

Rock 'n Roll necklace: remember how I mentioned retro was in? It works here. I'm loving the record pendant, plus it's the perfect length to wear with a swim suit! Awesome! 9/10

Zebra playsuit: um... no! Playsuits work better if they're short, like romper style. Added to that, zebra print is like steak sauce, a little goes a long way. (haha, I'm so American.) 2/10

Purple tote: now that's what I'm talking about! Super cute and oh so beachy, it's perfect for a good summer-y look! I like it. A lot. 8/10

Purple sandals: they look like stuff we've seen before, just with a little more color. Tell me, stardoll, why should I pay way too much for these purple ones, when I can get them for a lot less in black? 5/10

Floppy hat: I think this one depends on the medoll. With the long haired model, it's kinda cute. I'd be curious to see how it looks on a short haired model. 7/10

Ruffle bikini: I am in love with this bikini. The ruffles make this look ultra sweet and the little bows on the sides? Darling! 10/10

Overall, the July Hot Buys faired better in the ratings than the June ones. The average rating this month is about an 8, compared to last month's 6.

Oh, just to warn you all, I won't be able to post for the next week and a half, so while I'm gone, Maddy's in charge!

See ya!
~Lyd


No comments: